Here are 12 tips for how to use natural argan oil in your daily routine:
1. Face Moisturizer – After washing your face in the morning and again at night, pour a few drops into your hand and the rub onto face and neck. It will absorb readily into your skin and won’t feel greasy. To use it as a serum, apply your night cream after the argan oil absorbs into your skin. Argan oil provides elasticity to the skin and eases the visible signs of wrinkles and creases.
2. Hydrating Toner – Adding a few drops of argan oil to your favorite facial toner will give you a hydrating and toning solution. You can even make your own fragrant toner by adding a few drops of argan oil to rose water or other herbal water.
3. Rejuvenating Face Mask – Make a mask by mixing 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, 3 teaspoons of Greek-style yogurt, 1 tablespoon of honey and 3 drops of argan oil in a bowl. Apply to a clean, dry face and leave on for 10 minutes. Rinse off with warm water. Alternatively you can add a few drops of argan oil to your regular facial toner.
4. Deep Hair Treatment – Massage a generous amount of Argan Beauty oil into your hair, working it into the ends and scalp. Wrap your hair and leave on for 15 – 30 minutes (or for best results leave hair wrapped while you sleep). Then wash your hair as normal for soft luxuriously silky hair.
5. Leave-on Conditioner – After shampooing hair and while your hair is still wet, rub a scant few drops of argan oil into the palms of your hands and then onto your hair, ends and scalp to hydrate and moisturize. This is especially nourishing if your hair is dry from using a blow dryer, flattening-iron or curling iron. Be sure not to use too much oil. If your hair is thin and tends to be oily, use only a drop or two, and rub onto your face before rubbing into the hair. For coarse or kinky hair use more oil. You may need to experiment to find the right amount for your hair.
6. Hair Styling Shine – Use as a styling agent when your hair is dry by adding a few drops to the palms of your hand. Rub your hands together and run your fingers through your hair to create shine and tame dry frizz. You only need a small amount.
7. Cuticle Softener – Massage a few drops of argan oil into the cuticles on your hands to moisturize ease cracks and encourage nail growth.
8. Repair Cracked Heels – Use as an overnight treatment to soften cracked heels by working a good amount into your heels, feet and toes. Cover with socks and when you wake your feet will thank you.
9. Body and Bath Oil – Add a few drops of argan oil directly onto your skin, into the bath or body lotion. It’s safe to use on a baby and to help minimize stretch marks on a pregnant belly too.
10. Stretch Marks – Rub argan oil onto stretch marks to provide elasticity to reduce the scarring from stretch marks.
11. Scars – Rubbing Argan oil onto scar tissue softens and erases scarring.
12. Acne, psoriasis, and eczema – Studies have show that applying argan oil regularly helps ease and reduce acne and other skin problems by going to work at the root causes. Consistent application over time will bring good results.